Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Freezer excessively on

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
AnthonyL wrote:

Yes I guess it doesn't owe me anything.

We had a chest freezer bought in the days of purchase tax. It started to
fall apart like an old Ford, so we got two new uprights. Moving the old
one was a problem. It was in a shed and the concrete under it had cracked.
The whole area under the freezer was a block of ice. I couldn't lift the
freezer. I was in a hurry cos I'd got the new ones stood in the yard, so I
got some help and we stood the old one on end. It brought a lot of
concrete, rubble, and ice up with it, leaving a great hole in the floor.

Wonder what that had cost in leccy over the years?

I have seen 5 year Hotpoint Iced Diamond fridge freezers frozen to the
kitchen floor.
Chronic insulation failure and they were not cheap.