Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jaynews jaynews is offline

Default Sides get cut off Toshiba 29L1350U, thinking of exchanging forInsignia NS-28E200NA14

The problem is that, at Best Buy, they're using feeding all the TVs a real HD widescreen signal, and the problem only exists (I believe) with a 480 widescreen signal. So, there isn't any comparison I could make in the store with the type of signal that triggers the problem.

J.

On Friday, August 30, 2013 1:58:43 PM UTC-4, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Anyway, I'd hate to box up the Toshiba, return it, get the Insignia,

and find out that it has the same problem. Maybe I should just buy

the Insignia, and then return the one that I like the least? Or should

I just learn to live with the issue in the Toshiba? (only happens with

that TV, no others in my house)

You need to find out what's going on, and make a rational decision, rather

than schlepping boxes.

I would start with the other TVs, and take notes as you watch. Exactly what do

they to do to the picture (or not do)? Then compare them with the Toshiba..

Remember, the guy at Best Buy wants to put out the least amount of effort to

get you to buy something. It's unlikely he'll be willing to help you make the

right choice. It's in your hands.