Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Tigerloop to save wear and tear on pump?

On 2013-08-30, wrote:
Hi All,

I have contacted a few companies to get quotes for replacing our oil tank
(i'd have liked to DIY, but there are too many other projects demanding
my immediate attention), and one of the companies is going to send a
little man out to do a survey, but prior to the survey he's suggested it
might be worth fitting a tigerloop as even though the installation
doesn't need one (HRM Wallstar about 4' above (ground level) tank outlet)
it would save the pump having to work so hard.

I had a quick look at a couple of sites with details of the Tigerloop,
and they seem to have added a lot of what smacks of greenwash to their
marketing in recent years.

Does the team think it's worth installing one, either to save wear & tear
on the pump? Or to save a little fuel / lower emissions?

Waste of money.

+1