Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Freezer excessively on

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:13:08 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 29/08/2013 19:09, AnthonyL wrote:

No. But after I defrosted last week I put the fast freeze button on
and usually after 3-4 hrs the freezer would have been well cold, but
it wasn't and it was running 100%. I turned the button off then.

That was my first hint that things weren't quite right.

did you damage any of the pipes with a scraper?

I've wondered about that. I normally put a couple of saucepans of hot
water in the freezer compartment then as the ice starts to melt I got
my hands under it and pulled a whole lot of ice off. The only pipe
that is exposed is a thin one I think to the thermostat. How can I
check if it is damaged? If it is damaged wouldn't the performance
just get worse?

--
AnthonyL