Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hot switching a VGA signal

wrote:
I'm installing two security type DVR's that each have a VGA output. I would like to use one monitor with an AB switch, and switch between the two VGA DVR outputs. Can I damage anything with such an arrangement? Thanks, Lenny

As long as the DVRs will always output a signal even if no monitor is
attached, there should be no problems. VGA stuff is birectional, although
not everything interrogates the monitor.

Even those rediculous beige steel boxes with the black knob would probably
be ok for the resolutions coming out of a security system.