Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Are stainless steel braided supply lines really better?

On 8/29/2013 6:00 PM, wrote:
All the TV home repair shows recommend connecting
plumbing fixtures and clothes washers through steel braided
supply lines, but I noticed the hose inside those lines is just
unreinforced clear vinyl.

Are there steel braided lines they really less likely to break and flood
my house than regular lines made of just nylon reinforced rubber?
I ended up using soft copper tubing because I wasn't sure, but
copper wouldn't be practical for a dishwasher. So are there steel
braided supply lines that have reinforced hoses in them?

The only purpose of the ss braid is to keep the hose from kinking, or
possible ballooning if a weak spot develops in the inner tube.

Paul