Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How does he do that?

http://www.ringmasterlathe.com/

Martin

On 8/29/2013 3:53 PM, Pat Barber wrote:
On 8/29/2013 10:23 AM, willshak wrote:

OK. We were diverted into the use of a band or jig saw. No one mentioned
a lathe, not even you until BillinGA mentioned a Ringmaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4uY9oJ-tA

The Ringmaster is the way to do the segmented bowls in my opinion.

I saw one in action in a local woodworker show and I was stunned at
what the guy could crank out in just a few minutes.

After you have made a few hundred bowls, I'm not sure where you go
after that....but you can really crank out bowls with that tool.

An interesting side fact was that the RingMaster "was" made in a
plant in Wilmington, NC that built Porta-Nail floor nailers.

That plant closed a few years back and I don't know where the
RingMaster went....