Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default A rather disturbing website...

Adam Funk wrote:
On 2013-08-26, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:36:25 +0100, ARW wrote:

I told the apprentice that the black line on my satnav was the
border of Isengard. We were in Chester and travelling South on the
A483 at the time. He never questioned it.

You expect an apprentice to have read Tolkien?

You expect a lot...

A lot of people seem to think that tradesmen are illiterate yahoos. I
had an interesting chat a year or two ago with a plumber-gasfitter
about some books he saw on my shelf. I also saw a builder's van near
my house a couple of months ago with the complete works of Shakespeare
on the dashboard.

Many people are surprised when they find out that I enjoy going to the
ballet or watching a Shakespeare play (reading the complete works would be a
bit too much) although I do have a copy.

I noticed that some reincarnation of the Daily Sport has started to appear
in the snap cabin at work. It's the joiner that buys it. And there is nearly
always been a copy or two of The Sun and the Daily Star dotted around the
building site.

I decided to read the map on the wall giving directions to A&E. Much more
interesting as it sends you to the wrong hospital.

--
Adam