Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Split rail PS

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
I've ordered up a toroidal transformer and Eddystone box to put it in
from CPC. Still free carriage. ;-)

A Toriod tranny?, best bet for hum field reduction.

Yes - quoted at 1/10th of a 'normal' type.

Make sure there no
shorted turns thru it..

Quite - although since they are single hole fixing with a kit usually
provided you'd have to do something very silly to achieve that.

Yes but I've seen it done more then the once but not implying of
course!..

Snag is the smallest toroidal I could find is way over sized for this
application. Are there any 6VA or so trannies made with low external field?

RS components do very small ones from 1.50 VA upwards by Nuvotem not
that cheap of course!..
--
Tony Sayer