Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Not Happy With Riding Mower Cut

On 8/28/2013 12:38 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:57:36 -0500, wrote:

You close up the discharge chute and then are surprised the grass has
nowhere to go except to that closed location???? What do you expect to
happen?

I guess you have a point. In that case, it would be the nature of the
beast - the beast in this case being the way mulching works.
I hope spraying something on the underside of the deck will reduce the
sticking of the grass clumps to the deck.

If it's wet, it's going to clump and the mulching is going to exacerbate
the problem by chewing up the cut grass instead of just cutting it off
and discharging the clippings; that's what it's intended to do.

I know of nothing that will be a magic elixir to stop this happening;
the decks are designed to discharge to one side and so with such a large
deck you're putting a tremendous amount of material over there.

If you can't mow frequently enough to just discharge it and it's too
much expense or difficulty to bag it sounds like it's time to go to
something other than grass.