Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Anti-fatigue mats

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:04:33 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Bill wrote:
I was just looking at anti-fatigue mats online, to put in front of my
bench, over the cement.
Is there a popular choice here, or a favorite? I won't disclose what I
looked at (online), but there was an 8x price difference between the
"solutions". I've also got some left over carpeting I could use that may
be alot better than nothing.

Agree with Lew. Found mats, of any kind, to be a waste of time and money
for my shops and eventually chunked the lot. Depending upon the size and
layout of your space, you may find a good pair of work shoes with custom
orthotic inserts will save money, hassle when cleaning up, and aggravation
when moving your machines and projects on and over a shop full of mats.

Spend hours on the concrete shop floor daily, wearing a pair of good shoes
and proper inserts, and leg and foot fatigue is the last thing on my mind,
even with these 70 year old parts.

Totally agree with this, and have always been willing to invest in
good work boots or shoes. I have one mat that was given to me and I
don't notice any difference from standing on the concrete.

Mike M