Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Value of items

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Amazing, in this modern and changing society.

Things used to be valuable, now can't give em
away. I had a CRT computer monitor from the
church. Fairly recent, works fine. They went with
flat panel, and gave me the old one. I've got too
many monitors, so I put it on the curb.

Couple days later, it's still there. I look, and
someone cut off the wire, but left the rest.

Five years ago, the church probably paid $300
for that monitor. Now, I can't give it away free.

What is this world coming to?

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

The copper in the power cord is worth more than the monitor.
I've put many CPUs, Monitors, and printers out for Spring pickup for the
past few years and they were still there after all the scavengers got to
them first.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY