Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Eclipse Electric Window Circuit

From another vehicle group (Astro-Safari vans) I saw the pics of an integral
bi-metal circuit breaker inside the window motor, which, when it gets weak
will prevent full window travel.

One owner's solution was to jumper the internal breaker.. not exactly a
repair, but at least restores full function to an otherwise annoying problem
(if there are no other problems causing excessive load on the motor, in
which case the circuit breaker was saving the motor).

--
Cheers,
WB

"Artemus" wrote in message

I had the same problem with my Ford Explorer window. After taking the
door panel off and going thru all the electricals and finding nothing
wrong,
I finally whacked the motor with a rubber mallet out of frustration.
Works fine now.
Art