Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Replace a starter cord.

Bill wrote:
Norb Solarz wrote:
I have a Ariens Sno-Thro with a Tecumseh engine HSSK50. How do I
change
a broken starter cord?

It's not hard to so (once you remove the part that contains the pull
cord),
but it would be pretty toughto explain in words. Did you look for
general instructions anywhere else, like YouTube? I assume the
critical part of the process is essentially the same for
everypull-start engine.

Bill

Here yougo (like below). I use a piece of wire to tie the spool to keep
it from unreeling. So 1. "wind the spool", 2. tieit down, 3. thread your
cord, 4. release tension on the spooland let it take up the rope. 5.
Re-do if the length or cord-tension is not appropriate. Allow yourself
30 minutes the first time, and maybe10 minutes the next time. Good luck!

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02OobT7fII