Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anti-fatigue mats

woodchucker wrote:

The mats that interlock are better for a gym floor or kids play area.
I find my muscles tired at the end of the day after being on them. I
bought a couple of mats at woodcraft, and they have been much better.
More dense so your muscles are spending less time re compensating for
the softness, which in turn means that they are re-balancing you all
day.

Yeahbut... how do you roll around on a creeper on those? (Scratching
head...)

While carpet is a pain to clean, a very tight mat carpet is better
than the interlocking mats.

Yeahbut... paint overspray is a bitch to carpet. That shag gets really
stiff after just a few paint jobs.

Definitely cover the concrete floor, your tools will thank you when
you drop a chisel. I put hard linoleum tiles on the floor and my
chisels will take a bite out of it rather than nicking an edge.
Hopefully it hits a mat.

You drop your tools? Really? I never drop a tool. Not ever. I blame all
of those drops on the other people who use my garage and my tools...
especially if it results in some kind of damage to the tool

--

-Mike-