Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anti-fatigue mats

dpb wrote:

Like Swing, other than a couple of places I found over time that the
mats in the general shop area end up being more aggravation than worth
as don't stand in one spot in the other places besides the benches
long enough to make any difference on comfort and they're a nuisance
in cleanup.

Like both of you guys - I have no mats at all in my garage. Like you both -
I'm not standing in any one place long enough to worry about it. I do
however, have those 2' square mats in the basement, which my wife likes. We
don't need them for standing in one spot - more to cover the concrete floor
with something. They work - and they were cheap. Of course... now she
wants adhesive tiles laid on the basement floor. Ugh!

I suspect that for most of us, we don't spend enough time in front of any
one machine, or stationary on a concrete floor in our shops, to even really
worry about it. But - if a guy wants it... well hell - that's half the fun
of having a shop!

--

-Mike-