Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, The Bicycle I'd Want If I Could Ride One

On 8/28/2013 8:34 AM, dgk wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:48:02 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:58:36 -0400, willshak wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
It's been years since I was able to ride a bicycle and I know there is
at least one person who posts to this group who rides a bike daily. I
was in very good shape when I rode a bicycle for transportation but I'll
bet the bike in this video could give someone a real workout. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGGlODF7_RY#t=32

That's an awful amount of work for just a few minutes of video on Youtube.

Not many videos get 7,562,822 views. I bet he is quite satisfied with the
attention it got.

It looks like he had problems steering it. He couldn't stay in the lane he
was supposed to be in.

I commute by bike around 25 miles daily in Queens and Manhattan. This
bike would not make the cut but certainly is fun. As I age (over 60
now) I bought a bike that has an electric assist motor. No throttle,
it will only work if you pedal, but it does make the big hills and
headwinds easier to deal with. A very good use of technology.

Is it the Copenhagen Wheel bicycle? The guys and gals over at MIT came
up with a very interesting electric add-on for a bicycle. ^_^

http://senseable.mit.edu/copenhagenwheel/

TDD