Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Home Depot receipts

"Brewster" wrote in message ...

On 8/24/13 10:21 AM, HerHusband wrote:

Email is also not secure. Granted, it's probably no big deal if
someone
else sees what you bought at Home Depot, but it's still a matter of
privacy.

I would rather have an account online where I could log in and
download
my receipt, just like most online retailers and banking statements.
Maybe
have a member card I could swipe (like most grocery stores have).

Regardless, this is just a thought discussion. The paper receipt
works
fine for me, but I'm not totally against the email version either.
It's
just a matter of minimizing hassle.

Lowes has that. Basically a web site where you can keep stuff like
paint
colors you purchased for various rooms, dimensions, etc. You can also
see your purchases if you swipe your card at checkout.
Overall not too annoying if you choose to ignore it. I have used it to
pick up an extra gallon of paint when I've either forgotten the color
mix code or forgot to bring in the old lid.

-BR

---
Nice idea but I still want paper receipts. Most of this e-Invoice stuff
is just crap that wastes most petroleum and computer chips than the
recyclable and renewable forest products. The online statements means
you have to religiously download your invoices form what?.... 20 or
maybe 50 accounts each month or you have no records when the product
goes wrong. Half these high-tech companies can't be trusted to even
make out the balance statement correctly now wit the 18 year old
accountants running the web stuff. Crap! my energy statements were
wrong four times in the last 12 months. My phone bill was wrong last
month. Several times my cell bill charged me for services that aren't
on my plan.

I want the paper bills. Just don't make them 6 pages like some of the
utilities have. Don't charge me $2 for a paper bill snuck into the bill
aside from regulatory controls either when you can send out paper mail
spam every month about **** I already have. And don't charge me $0.05
for a shopping bag and then hide the recyclable paper bags so you can
sell me a plastic reusable bag that makes 100 times the garbage weight.
The shopping chain stores were stopped from giving out the paper bags
when their no-plastic give-aways, use or new greenTM bags instead,
started.

Check it out. Eco-Friendly and Green are both registered trademarks to
con you into buying more environmentally dirty products. They don't
care about the environment. They only want YOU to focus on something
other than your wallet while they empty it.

--

mike