Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Value of items

On 8/27/2013 10:28 PM, wrote:

Next time, tape a sign to it saying "Works Good", and that will increase
the chance that someone will take it.

Put on a sign " $50.00" and it will dissapear overnight!!!

CY: Bother, we had the same idea.

If HP goes bankript it will be because it hasn't made a quality
product in over 10 years. Ever since they joined up with Compaq, they
have produced more crap than quality - particularly in the "consumer"
field.

CY: Sorry to hear that. Will they offer their new line of desktop
computers at Dollar Tree?

5 will be like, HP stock will be going south in a hurry over the next 5
years. Ditto for Dell.

Same goes for Dell. Every one I get involved with turns into "the dell
from hell"

CY: Oops, that doesn't sound good.

If they are using it as a toy, I agree with you - but for serious
business use you still need a real computer. Try doing architectural
or survey CAD on a tablet or smart phone sometime - or run an
insurance data-base on a cell-phone. A 24" monitor is not enough
real-estate for many applications.

CY: Maybe a niche market for the serious computer needs?