Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anti-fatigue mats

Mike Marlow wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

Except when they're not. :-)

I've found the single piece, long mats are better for several
reasons. - They are thinner, while offering the same comfort while
being much less of a trip hazard.
- They have a beveled edge, which combined with the first reason
makes them easier to roll wheeled carts across... and did I mention
trip hazard?
- The thinner material is stronger and doesn't get 'memory bumps' as
fast. - The solid mat doesn't collect dust like the interlocking
square mats... and dust is slippery.
- They are smoother and when combined with the above reason are much
easier to sweep.

They may be more expensive but IMO the are well worth it.
They are often on sale at local Woodcraft stores.
My square mats are now relegated to under-car repairs in my gravel
driveway.

Howdoyalikethat! We don't have a Woodcraft around here, and I've not
noticed anything similar to what you describe in other stores. Ok -
I'll tamper my enthusiastic reccomendation of the HF pads.

^^^^^^^^

..... temper...

--

-Mike-