Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Value of items

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:52:56 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Amazing, in this modern and changing society.

Things used to be valuable, now can't give em

away. I had a CRT computer monitor from the

church. Fairly recent, works fine. They went with

flat panel, and gave me the old one. I've got too

many monitors, so I put it on the curb.

Couple days later, it's still there. I look, and

someone cut off the wire, but left the rest.

Five years ago, the church probably paid $300

for that monitor. Now, I can't give it away free.

What is this world coming to?

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Until about ten years ago
I had trouble getting rid of old appliances
like water heaters, etc.
Now since the price of steel went up
the junk man comes to my door asking me if I have any.
Just wait until they realize
how valuable those rare earth metals are in electronics.
They will be coming to your door asking you for them.