Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Value of items

micky wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:54:57 -0400, Frank
wrote:

Best Buy will take them off your hands. CRT monitors or TV's are
white elephants today and you cannot give them away and some
charities will not even take them.

Freecycle members frequently offer CRT monitors and tv's

The TVs seem to be taken when offered, except maybe the projection
tvs. . Maybe the monitors get taken too, but not as quickly, by
people who don't know where else to get a used monitor.

(I would get my at the end of a hamfest, when sellers left behind ones
they could not sell. And since they last 5 or 10 years or longer, I
only need a new one when i refurbish a computer.) They have thin
screen monitors at hamfests now for 20 dollars, but the wide screen
thinscreen are still 90. Only one webpage that I rarely visit
really makes me move from right to left and back. If it gets worse
I'll spend the 90, or 70 by then..

I've gotten widescreen 19" LCDs for as low as $13 at Goodwill.