Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Value of items

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:11:06 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, passerby wrote:
replying to Stormin Mormon , passerby wrote:

cayoung61 wrote:

I've got too

many monitors, so I put it on the curb.

Couple days later, it's still there. I look, and

someone cut off the wire, but left the rest.

Five years ago, the church probably paid $300

for that monitor. Now, I can't give it away free.

What is this world coming to?

And it will be there for a long time, since it's considered hazardous

waste. Trash collectors won't pick it up either. I drive by one such TV

for about three or four months now - can't remember how long ago they've

put it out on the curb - there's already grass growing around and inside

it. They probably missed the deadline by a week or two - trash collectors

no longer pick electronics up at the curb here in PA since earlier this

year.

Yeah, here in NJ you used to be able to put TVs out on
bulk pickup days once a month when they pick up big, non garbage
stuff, like sofas, furniture, etc. Now you have to take it
to special electronics recycling locations. Not sure if they
charge, but there might be a fee. They in turn load it into
cargo ships that go the hell holes like China where people
making $1 a day, sit in toxic scrap yards and take them apart.

When I was a boy, we used to have to *stand* while we disassembled
Conestoga wagons.