Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Value of items

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 03:10:55 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote:
;3113216']
Couple days later, it's still there. I look, and
someone cut off the wire, but left the rest.

Next time, tape a sign to it saying "Works Good", and that will increase
the chance that someone will take it.

Put on a sign " $50.00" and it will dissapear overnight!!!

The problem is that computer technology is changing faster than computer
products are breaking down or wearing out. So, there's an abundance of
old computer hardware that still works, but no one wants because there
is newer technology coming out all of the time.

Hewlitt Packard; one of the largest companies in Silicon Valley, is
facing bankruptcy over the next 5 years because it hasn't kept up with
the changing technology. Now, when everyone is wanting tablet computers
and smart phones, Hewlitt Packard is still making desktops and laptops.

If HP goes bankript it will be because it hasn't made a quality
product in over 10 years. Ever since they joined up with Compaq, they
have produced more crap than quality - particularly in the "consumer"
field.
The new CEO is trying to pull the company out of the fire with her "5
year plan", but if the last 5 years are any indication of what the next
5 will be like, HP stock will be going south in a hurry over the next 5
years. Ditto for Dell.

Same goes for Dell. Every one I get involved with turns into "the dell
from hell"
Let's face it, MOST people don't need much computing power. We're
social animals, and a smart phone that allows us to talk to, text and
video conference with other people meets our real needs better than a
200 terabyte hard drive. Computers are gradually going to evolve into
communications devices; like powerful smart phones that can surf the
net, allow you to videoconference with other people, pay your bills in
your spare time (like while you're on the bus going to work or back),
and all that. People need better communications devices more than they
need better computers.

If they are using it as a toy, I agree with you - but for serious
business use you still need a real computer. Try doing architectural
or survey CAD on a tablet or smart phone sometime - or run an
insurance data-base on a cell-phone. A 24" monitor is not enough
real-estate for many applications.