Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default I do have a copy of the deed & there is no mention of AEP service pole anywhere

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:44:02 +0000, Tammy
wrote:

The deed I have only states there is a telephone pole at the beginning of
the property. Absolutely no where does it state a electrical pole is
located anywhere on the land or any kind of easements except for the
telephone pile.

Usually (almost always) the pole is put up and owned by one utility
and used by it and others**. Around here I think it's the phone
company. So I'd go out there and look at the pole and see how many
and what kind of wires are on it. If you can't tell, post a picture
somewhere, and a link here, and we can probably tell. Take
pictures of the wires going into the houses too. If there are 3
almost identical wires, or if they come from a box about the size of a
small refrigerator, that's electricity. The phone only takes what
looks like one wire.

Or, if you are only going by the deed, the pole might not be there at
all.

If you don't live where the property is, the real estate agent should
be willing to do this for you, and these days, to take pictures I
would think.

**I have a friend who in the 80's used to be in charge*** of the
telephone pole database for the city of New York. While there are no
poles in most of Manhattan and large parts of Brooklyn, there are
plenty of poles in the much of the rest of the city. Someone else
was in charge of the tree database. Despite the novel _A Tree Grows
in Brooklyn_, which, before we got there, gave both my brother and me
separately the idea that there was only one, NYC has over a million
trees.

***This wasn't all he did. I think after he made some changes to the
computer records, it only took a couple minutes of time most weeks.