Posted to alt.home.repair
passerby passerby is offline

Default Value of items

replying to Stormin Mormon , passerby wrote:
cayoung61 wrote:

I've got too
many monitors, so I put it on the curb.
Couple days later, it's still there. I look, and
someone cut off the wire, but left the rest.
Five years ago, the church probably paid $300
for that monitor. Now, I can't give it away free.
What is this world coming to?

And it will be there for a long time, since it's considered hazardous
waste. Trash collectors won't pick it up either. I drive by one such TV
for about three or four months now - can't remember how long ago they've
put it out on the curb - there's already grass growing around and inside
it. They probably missed the deadline by a week or two - trash collectors
no longer pick electronics up at the curb here in PA since earlier this
year.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ms-761068-.htm