Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default soffit vent channel/baffle installation

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:19:55 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:35:05 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:02:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

been looking to add some insulation and install soffit vent channel in the attic.

does the channel has to be installed in ** all ** the void between the rafters or just a few around where the vents are?

thanks
richard

Just at the vents along the soffit. I see no need for a baffle in
each cavity?

unless you use vented soffit - in which case you trough them all.

True, but the OP has not stated such. He stated "vents" - normally
not at every cavity with a perforated soffit material.

I lieu of buying baffles, the OP could staple cardboard, at each
cavity onto the trusses, to keep insulation away from the soffit
vents.

My read is he has vents in a specific distance along the soffit.

If I'm wrong, then I'm mistaken. g