Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What's the cost of having a electric pole relocated

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:46:08 +0000, Tammy
wrote:

I am buying property & there is an AEP power pole right in the center of
my yard. Anyone no the cost to have it moved to a different spot. I
think the pole powers 3 different homes

The power company might well have a bigger easement already than the
spot where the pole is located. Call them first, explain that you are
supposed to put a deposit on the property in the next couple days, and
maybe they can get back to you with a price sooner than you'd expect.

AEP is the Arabian Emirates Power company, right? I don't know much
about their customer service, but the only way to learn is to ask.

I agree with passerby that there might be more to this than meets the
eye.

Are other poles on the same street in the middle of people's yards?
Maybe they can just move the pole closer to the street?

Is there a house built on your property already? Maybe the parents
owned all one big lot, gave half to a kid and his wife, then they
both were moving and they realized there was enough land in the middle
to build a third house. So a pole that was once on the border between
two lots ended up in the middle of the new third lot.