Posted to alt.home.repair
passerby passerby is offline

Default What's the cost of having a electric pole relocated

replying to Tammy, passerby wrote:
Tammy wrote:

I am buying property & there is an AEP power pole right in the center of my
yard. Anyone no the cost to have it moved to a different spot. I think

the
pole powers 3 different homes

I think it's almost a guarantee the two other homeowners would not want to
pay for it. However, if you haven't signed the contract yet, you may be
able to get something from the seller to put towards the project. And it
is a *major* expense.

They keep saying it's seller's market now but all regions are different.
Maybe in your area the seller would be more agreeable. May also be useful
to find out how the pole ended up in the middle of that property in the
first place. Was that a subdivision? I mean, it's not common to have a
pole literally in the middle of a yard. Perhaps there's more to this
situation that you even know about. Definitely do more research about the
property.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ed-761004-.htm