Steve Knight

Default Are spiral cutters really worth the price?

On 25 Jun 2004 09:44:21 -0700, (brian lanning) wrote:

I've been eyeing the spiral cutter heads on some of grizzly's jointers
and planers. At first glance, I really like the idea. But they're so
much more expensive. Does anyone have one of these machines and would
you say that it was worth the extra expense?

if you do a lot of figured woods or work a lot of tropicals they can be.
tropicals plane better then domestic woos but they dull the blades faster.

" Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"