Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does my microwave diode look good to you?

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 00:46:55 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:28:18 -0400, micky wrote:

Did you fail to notice that if there
is 9 volts across the diode, there is no current running through the
diode.

Except there isn't 9 volts across the diode.
There was 7 volts across the diode.

That was forward biased. My reply was clearly about reverse biased.
If you hadn't snipped so much and didn't want so much for me to be
wrong, you'd have noticed.

Forward biased with a 9 VDC battery, I measure 7 VDC across the diode;

reverse biased, I read 9 VDC across the diode (given a 200 ohm
current-limiting resistance in series with the battery).

Since apparently there is no current in that direction, how about
taking out the resistor and seeing what it says then?

End Quote.

I added the blank line between your first and second line so there'd
be no doubt which direction I was talking about.