Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does my microwave diode look good to you?

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:58:37 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 02:19:29 -0400, micky wrote:

Since apparently there is no current in that direction, how about
taking out the resistor and seeing what it says then?

The resistor is to prevent the diode from burning
up with too much current, I believe.

I think so too.

If I take out the resistor, I probably blow up the diode.

Now why would you think that? Did you fail to notice that if there
is 9 volts across the diode, there is no current running through the
diode. How can you imagine that removing a 200 ohm resistorr will
increase the current much? And with a 9-volt battery no less.

That does not sound like good advice, so I didn't read the
rest of the suggestions for fear of being led astray.

Since ;your answer does not sound like you think well, I won't read
the rest of your posts, for fear I'll read foolishness but be too weak
to avoid believing it. .