Greg Millen

Default Trash(ed) Chair Reborn

It's a "silk purse" Larry, great job. Sometimes it's more challenging to fix
something than to build a new one, but I suspect you know that.

--
Greg

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
Many weeks ago, some of you may have seen my post describing a chair I dug
from someone's trash. If you missed that one look here.
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/chair/chair.htm

The following stuff should really be on the above webpage but, for now,

I'm
just pressed for time and this way will have to do.

Well, I got the thing back in shape, better than before, several weeks ago
and finally got around to getting some pictures taken.
(Pix 60-70 kb)

I carved a front rung for the chair to replace the lost rung. Kinda art
nouveau it would seem.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/trashchair1big.jpg

FWIW I got that photo drop from e-Bay in an effort to improve my pictures.
I still haven't worked out the massaging I need to do in Photoshop to true
up the color.

The original back splat was made from smaller pieces and the pieces didn't
match well at all. I remade them using some red oak and one may wonder if
this is an improvement.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/trashchair2big.jpg

The whole chair 3/4 view.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/trashchair3big.jpg

The seat was split in several places and in two parts. Some idiot made a
quicky repair by screwing the bottom to a piece of plywood. I rejoined

the
bottom and reinforced the bottom with some dutchmen....cutting and
installing these guys was interesting.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/trashchair4big.jpg

Larry