Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A rather disturbing website...

On 26/08/2013 15:18, Steve Firth wrote:
happy zombie jebus on the cross wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:37:43 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
I would be very interested to know how many people here find the same -
that it is more accurate than it has any right to be.

It certainly suggests thatif you are on a fixed IP your town at least is
known. I'd be interested to hear also from those on a dynamically
allocated IP address how accurate it is.

Fixed IP here, and it's 150 miles out, suggesting Nottingham.
Usually, sites guess I'm in Bracknell (where my ISP is),
but the suggestion from this site has no relationship with
with anything I can think of.

Ah, worked it out - it thinks I'm in Arnold (near Nottingham),
which it's presumably got confused with Andrews & Arnold, my
ISP.

a silly question, your email is for demon and you are not using thier
news server. does demon no
longer have a new server? back in the day, they had the best news server in the country.

You have to be bloody joking.

Depends on the time window you pick... once they had built their
scalable server, it worked very well. A few years before they needed the
scalable server it was also ok. However that couple of years in the
middle kind of spoilt it!

--
Cheers,

John.