Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Split rail PS

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The arm assembly is mounted on wood so it's not a ground loop. Moving
the arm over the deck makes no difference to the hum - so I'd guess it
isn't coming from the motor. The wiring within the arm is single wires
- but then the arm itself should screen them? I've checked it is
grounded to my star ground point.

Where the wires leave the arm to enter the cartridge?

I'm not sure where SME grounds the arm. There are five wires going to the
connector on the base of the assembly (other end from the cartridge, as it
were) - one of which is the arm ground. They all disappear up the middle
of the pivot.

--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.