Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Does my microwave diode look good to you?

On 8/26/2013 5:30 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
What do you mean by a "microwave diode"?

To me, it's a point-contact diode used in microwave measurements. My
experience has been that sample-to-sample variation is high.

"microwave diode" can mean many things to me since I've experience in
electronics. The context in which it's being used in this thread is a
discussion of the high voltage diode used in the power supply for the
magnetron in a homeowner's microwave oven. ^_^

TDD