Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A rather disturbing website...

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:37:43 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
I would be very interested to know how many people here find the same -
that it is more accurate than it has any right to be.

It certainly suggests thatif you are on a fixed IP your town at least
is known. I'd be interested to hear also from those on a dynamically
allocated IP address how accurate it is.

Fixed IP here, and it's 150 miles out, suggesting Nottingham. Usually,
sites guess I'm in Bracknell (where my ISP is),
but the suggestion from this site has no relationship with with anything
I can think of.

Ah, worked it out - it thinks I'm in Arnold (near Nottingham),
which it's presumably got confused with Andrews & Arnold, my ISP.

Yes, I mentioned that either here or in the other group where TNP Posted
this.

I think it's a bit disturbing that our TNP didn't know about this
information availability years ago...!