Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A rather disturbing website...

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
I would be very interested to know how many people here find the same -
that it is more accurate than it has any right to be.

It certainly suggests thatif you are on a fixed IP your town at least is
known. I'd be interested to hear also from those on a dynamically
allocated IP address how accurate it is.

Fixed IP here, and it's 150 miles out, suggesting Nottingham.
Usually, sites guess I'm in Bracknell (where my ISP is),
but the suggestion from this site has no relationship with
with anything I can think of.

Ah, worked it out - it thinks I'm in Arnold (near Nottingham),
which it's presumably got confused with Andrews & Arnold, my
ISP.

--
Andrew Gabriel