Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Split rail PS

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
When building a split rail low current PS with discrete components - like
say +/- 15v - does it matter if the transformer doesn't have a centre tap
on the secondary? It's just that I've seen circuits for both around. Some
say to omit the centre tap connection to ground even if it has one.

I can't think how one would work without a centre tap - and presuming it
doesn't just mean two secondaries with a connection where they're
joined. Is it some setup where one builds a (say) 0-15-30v PSU where the
15v terminal is used as ground and can sink current as well as supply it?

--
Scott