Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The movie "Argo"

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:56:42 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
I'm just hoping that the new President of Iran is willing to show the

world that Iran's Uranium enrichment program is being done STRICTLY for

the use of Uranium as a fuel in nuclear reactors.

Good grief!
How can he show the world what is obviously not true?
The extent of the program, the type of eqpt they've bought
and continue to try to obtain, the secrecy, the links to
Pakistan's A Q Khan and North Korea clearly show
that the program is not for use in nuclear reactors for power.

Now, if you said you hoped that he would get Iran to stop
their nuclear weapons development program, that would make
sense.

This "catch me if you can" game that the former president was playing is

like playing Russian Roulette with the human race. If we poison this

good Earth that we live on with radiation, there is no where else to

go.

Ima Nutjob was indeed a bad guy. But he wasn't running Iran and
neither will the new guy. They real power is in the hands of the
nutty Ayatollah. Maybe the new guy can move them in a better
direction, but given their 30+ year history, I would not bet on it.

Almost certainly, life is abundant in our galaxy and universe, but the

distances between planets that can support life are so vast that our

moving anywhere else won't be feasible for hundreds of years. This

playing games with nuclear weapons is the last thing we need.

Given the path we're on, it seems increasingly likely that we'll
see a nuke used sometime in the coming decades. There are many
ways it could happen and between North Korea and the Islamic nuts
who would be happy to die and take a million with them, we're
headed in that direction. However, don't worry about moving to
another planet. We survived the use of a couple in Japan and
the open air testing of dozens more. As it looks now, any
new nuclear war would be limited, not an all out exchange between
superpowers. More likely an attack of some kind on the USA
or Israel, and then the turning to glass of a country or two
in response.