Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Recycling

In message , Huge
writes

I think you may be missing a point. If it was made illegal to send or
post unsolicited junk mail or leaflets the average household would have
a couple of tons per annum less rubbish in the first place.

Hmm.. presumably our leaders have come to the conclusion that the
overall *good* outweighs the *bad*.

Although their definitions of "good" and "bad" doubtless differ dramatically
from yours and mine.

Junk mail industry direct employment, increased trade, taxation revenue
against individual inconvenience/cost

They don't give a toss about individual inconvenience/cost.

and landfill issues.

Stretching the thread a bit.. they could also concern themselves about
cold calling..

--
Tim Lamb