Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Recycling

On 25/08/2013 11:08, Huge wrote:
On 2013-08-24, alan wrote:
On 24/08/2013 10:27, tim..... wrote:

My biggest bugbear here is "window envelopes". If they can't be
recycled (as many LA's claim) then marketing companies shouldn't be
allowed to use them - simples. And I bet that they'd find a way of
making then recyclable pretty damned quickly if that were the rule.

I think you may be missing a point. If it was made illegal to send or
post unsolicited junk mail or leaflets the average household would have
a couple of tons per annum less rubbish in the first place.

The cost of a postage stamp would go up to £2.50.

We end up in the situation in which company A sends out junk, so their
competitor, company B also starts to do so. Then C, D, and so on.

If none of them did so, then instead of all those companies paying not
only for the distribution but for the origination and printing as well,
they would save a fortune. So maybe they could all reduce their prices
instead?

If a stamp would indeed go up to £2.50, then the amount currently being
paid by the junk mailers to the PO (and others) must be astronomic.

--
Rod