Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Ping Arfa Dailey

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi Arfa,

Sorry for the gate crashing but am I right in thinking you repair
electronics for a living and live near Northampton?

If so I have a LCD TV and a Yamaha Amp-tuner that both have PSU problems.

I have the circuit Schematics for both of them

Would you be interested in repairing these for a fee?

Whats the typical cost of a PSU repair?

Regards,,

Stephen

Yes, you are correct. Is it one of the big Yammy AV amps and won't power up
? If so, about 35 quid. As to the TV, depends on what make and what power
supply is fitted as to whether it is readily repairable. If it is
repairable, then anything from about 30 quid up to 60. Some power supplies
defy repair in a sensible time period or the manufacturers don't supply
detailed schematics. It is then sometimes necessary to fit a replacement,
and the cost can vary hugely. Also, some LCD faults that appear to be PSU
related are in fact on the main board, which usually renders the set BER.

Of course, I am being very general here, and it is hard to be any more than
'vague' on pricing, without seeing exactly what is what.

If you want to discuss further, just email me off-group at the address used
to post this reply.

Arfa