Posted to alt.home.repair

Default circuit breaker as an input device

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 06:47:29 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

I have a sub-panel in my greenhouse that is fed by an incoming wire from the main house panel. The incoming wire is directly feeding a 30 amp breaker, therefore I can disconnect the power to the panel by simply tripping the breaker therein. (Also within the panel are two additional 15 amp breakers, one for lights and the other for a single outlet.

I've always liked the convenience of the "breaker input" instead of hard wiring the input directly to the panel. Does this method meet code? Any hazards? Any down-side?

Yes, no, no.

This is perfectly normal (I do it all the time). Electricity doesn't
care about the direction it "flows" through the breaker.

Thanks for all replies.

Ivan Vegvary