Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman[_2_] D.M.Chapman[_2_] is offline

Default Recycling

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

I suspect, but don;t know for sure, that food waster composters have to be
enclosed and temperature monitored. An unenclosed pile like I saw obviously
gets bloody hot inside, but the surface will still be cool (not hot enough
to kill pathogens in the food waste). If it were enclosed in a covered
concrete bunker or something, it would probably get really hot all the way
through.

This is apparantly where our food waste goes.

http://www.shepway.gov.uk/content/view/201199/4388/

All enclosed, and carefull monitored as you suggest.

Darren