Default Sawstop cabinet saw nearing reality

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:20:48 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

If everyone in a passenger car was belted in and wearing a helmet,
there would be no need for airbags in them either.

Well, no. I've seen plenty of steering wheels bent by the chests
of people who were fully seatbelted; an airbag would have been

and/or curtain airbags protect against directional forces that
the seatbelts just can't (unless we went to 5-point, which will
never happen).

I was suggesting if regular passenger car passengers and drivers
were using 5-point belts and helmets. I didn't specify the 5-point
harness, but I meant it. And, yes, I know it's never going to
happen. My point was that drivers in race cars already have
protection which works well enough that airbags would not be
terribly useful.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.