Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT backup battery question

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:13:04 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/23/2013 8:05 PM, Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/23/2013 5:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got an old comptuer UPS, been planning to wire that to a car
or trolling battery for extended run. Someday, yes, for sure,
someday. At present I've got a vehicle battery in the other room,
just waiting for its day of use.

I have a bunch of the larger UPS units 750 watt to 1.5 kw that
have external battery connections. You can get the batter plug
pigtails from most suppliers selling computer backup power
supplies. You can probably get an SLA garden tractor battery that
has lugs for a reasonable price. ^_^

A garden tractor battery is not a deep discharge battery, and would
be a bad choice for this usage.

I'm cheap. ^_^

TDD

Always enough money to buy things twice, but never enough to buy the
right thing the first time.