Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT backup battery question

On Friday, August 23, 2013 12:45:34 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I have a deep discharge battery with a small slow charger I use to provide

a light and fan during power outages.

We had an 11 hour outage last night and I had to go through the pouring

rain and mud to get the battery from an adjoining building. Ugh! BTDT

before.

I decided to start keeping the battery in my mobile home bathroom to avoid

this in the future. The bathroom has an always-open window. Should I be

concerned about trickle charging the battery there?

TIA

Good grief! I'd be worried about the always open window.

The battery, assuming you keep an eye on it occasionally,
I would not be worried about. I hope by trickle charger
you mean a battery tender type of device that monitors and
charges if needed.