Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default The movie "Argo"

wrote in message news:86d659c8-de8d-4136-8baa-
stuff snipped

No, but I am more concerned with what the *voting* public thinks is true
that is not. Death panels, economic myths like "tax cuts pay for
themselves" and so much more nonsense that is passed among "true

believers"
like that Nazi screed SM recently posted. sigh

Unbelievable. To equate "tax cuts pay for themselves", with Nazis
is a new low. In fact, there is some internet rule that says when
you've invoked Nazis in a debate about something else, you automatically
lose.

I guess you missed who introduced Nazis to AHR this week. One of your
compatriots. I guess we'll have to call him "Storm Trooper" Mormon from now
on because he thinks AHR is the appropriate place to post Nazi propaganda.
This isn't his first Nazi-related run-in. Ask HeyBub. Maybe you missed it.

My comment was directed at the type of nonsense STM regurgitates in AHR. He
generally supports all right-wing causes and tax policies as well as
flirting with Nazism from time to time. So I suspect you see the connection
now. Are the New Republicans *so* desperate for voters that they'll embrace
Nazi-spewing social misfits?

Odd that you didn't say a peep about *his* introduction of Nazism in the
"Who were the Nazis?" thread. Kind of like the way that no Republican made
a peep while Bush spent us into near bankruptcy but they're peeping like a
chick farm now. Very "transactional" sort of morality.

Here's a brief sanity check that doesn't require quintiles or voodoo
economics to understand:

If tax cuts paid for themselves the Bush tax cuts should have propelled us
to new economic heights. But they didn't. They propelled us into a huge
spec bubble and the 2008 crash.

Common sense should tell most people reducing tax revenue means creating
deficits. That's why "TCPFT" is propaganda. It's not true but some people
really, really *want* it to be true and spend an awful lot of money pushing
that BS.

As for the sister propaganda that tax cuts create jobs, let's just look at
the numbers:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/

The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its
eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill
Clinton's administration and only slightly better than President George H.W.
Bush did in his four years in office.

That's the business-friendly Wall Street Journal, FWIW. No jobs created
there. That's why they call it voodoo economics.

--
Bobby G.