Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot receipts

-MIKE- wrote:
On 8/22/13 9:29 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

You probably don't even need that. As a landlord, you probably have
one card you use for purchases for your rentals. HD only needs to
know what card you used for the purchase and they can look it up.
This is what I do for my HD buys.

Correct, but when I worked there that system was not completely
reliable. Worked most of the time, but certainly not all of the time.

It's been dead on for us.
Maybe they were working out the kinks when you were there.

Wasn't that long ago. The system still is not perfect - it owes a bit to
the kind of card you used, as well as how long ago. I'm sure they'll get it
ironed out, and you're lucky it's worked well for your needs so far, but it
does have some way to go yet - perhaps a small way, but a ways all the same.
It's a corporate issue - not a local issue because the POS terminals
reference the corporate systems for this kind of lookup. It will puke if
your bank or you change any aspect of your card - even your PIN. But like I
say - they'll get it ironed out.

--

-Mike-